Sales Manager for Flick Sports
Flick draws an audience of sports fans who want to engage on a deeper level with their favorite sports influencers, teams and leagues. A place to find, grow, foster and retain a loyal and engaged fan-base, who you can reach out and speak to directly. Our founders grew their previous start-up, FanDuel, into a multi-billion dollar business, by understanding the power of an engaged community. They are now bringing the same growth to a broader audience of sports fans. Flick provides the dynamic excitement of a startup and the stability and quality-of-life benefits of an established employer. We are a very small team that works adjacent to the Flick tech and product teams. We are very much part of Flick’s warm, inclusive, and unique business culture.
We Focus on Culture First
As an experienced team that’s been through a number of startups, we want to develop a great working culture, where above all else it’s a fun place to work. We pride ourselves on doing amazing work and working hard, but also enjoying ourselves along the way. Not only do we focus on learning with each release, we also focus on self-improvement, building on our past experiences and learning from our peers. We all bring unique views to the table and enjoy collaborating together to break new barriers.
What We're Looking For
Flick is seeking a sales manager to grow and manage our expanding influencer acquisition and on-boarding team. Sports influencers are looking for new ways to engage their fans and monetize them. Flick delivers that as the leading live sports chat platform. Your teams’ role at Flick is to show them how a Flick–powered sports fan community can deepen their connection with their most engaged users and vastly increase their influencing revenue. You’ll drive our sales strategy and have a major role in helping shape the product. Candidates located in New York City surrounding counties are strongly preferred.
- Grow and manage Flick’s influencer acquisition and on-boarding team
- As a player-manager you will also be hands on in identifying and successfully selling to key sports influencer targets
- Set up daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics, set targets and manage performance
- Support marketing in building out Flick’s profile among our key influencers
- Use creativity to find new sources of influencers and how to acquire them to the platform
- Implement sales management automation software to streamline the process
- As a member of the leadership team help drive the company development roadmap
Some qualifications you may have (we’re not strict here):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a sales management role with experience managing small sales teams
- Proven ability to build high performing sales teams
- Deep knowledge of social media and social media influencers (particularly Instagram, Youtube and Twitter)
- Ideally at least 5 years experience of working in the sports industry but at a minimum a deep passion for sports
- Strong technical skills across Google apps, sales and marketing automation tools, LinkedIn, Slack etc
- Strong written and verbal skills
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Remote working a few days a week
- Flexible work hours - we don’t focus on 9-5, you know when you work best
- The very best equipment and software (PC or Mac, monitor, accessories etc)
- Equity in a new startup with a highly experienced team
- Professional and personal development - we have a healthy budget for training, conferences, online tutorials and anything else that helps you progress
Flick is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.