Flick - QA Engineer
Flick draws an audience of sports fans who want to engage on a deeper level with their favourite sports influencers, teams and leagues. A place to find, grow, foster and retain a loyal and engaged fan-base, who you can reach out and speak to directly. Our founders grew their previous start-up, FanDuel, into a multi-billion dollar business, by understanding the power of an engaged community.
They are now bringing the same growth to a broader audience of sports fans, globally. The product currently has over 15,000 DAUs (daily active users) and is growing rapidly. In September the team also closed their series A investment of $5M that will see us doubling our headcount in the next 12 months.
Flick provides the dynamic excitement of a startup and the stability and quality-of-life benefits of an established employer.
We Focus on Culture First
As an experienced team that’s been through a number of startups, we want to develop a great working culture, where above all else it’s a fun place to work. We pride ourselves on doing amazing work and working hard, but also enjoying ourselves along the way. Not only do we focus on learning with each release, we also focus on self-improvement, building on our past experiences and learning from our peers. We all bring unique views to the table and enjoy collaborating together to break new barriers.
We're a small, close-knit team that moves quickly. We work in two week sprints with clear goals and metrics to aim towards across our native iOS and Android apps. We experiment towards success. But we get there as a team. It’s a highly collaborative effort, with everyone having a voice that’s heard. Each team member is as comfortable having product vision discussions as they are writing code or tweaking designs - we believe it’s important that the whole team is included and participate in the discovery of new features, and in finding new ways to push the product forward.
What We're Looking For
As our second QA hire you’ll be responsible for helping define our strategy and testing across iOS and Android. Some activities include identifying test requirements, running manual tests, tracking the results, capturing UI and functionality issues and helping prioritise these, as well as helping develop the automation of testing. Above all we want you to care about the product, the quality and the impact features have on users, if you enjoy that, then you’ll fit in well :)
You'll love this role if:
- You thrive in a highly-collaborative, agile team
- You enjoy the flexibility to learn and work with new technologies to solve problems
- You work hard, but you know it’s important to have fun while you do so
- You take full ownership of your work and drive it through to an end solution
- You realise your first idea isn’t always your best idea and that great solutions come from iteration
- You have great empathy for our end-users, and understand the value of good design and a good quality product
- You're keen to be an early member of a startup where you’ll get the rare opportunity to help shape the company and influence the overall direction of the product from the outset
Some qualifications you may have (we’re not strict here):
- Experience in mobile development and working in an agile environment
- Experience in creating and running test plans (both manual and automated testing) and experience in developing strategies to help automate and optimise testing
- Experience in debugging new product features prior to release
- Logging, recording and giving detailed feedback on bugs - and experience in using issue management tools
- Providing feedback to developers to support continuous improvement
- Strong experience working with members of the team across product, design and engineering - we want you to help with solutions (not just test things!)
- Working with the team to define feature specs and ACs
- A strong working knowledge across iOS and Android landscape
- Good understanding and input into the UX + design of the product across platforms
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Remote working a few days a week
- Flexible work hours - we don’t focus on 9-5, you know when you work best
- The very best equipment and software (PC or Mac, monitor, accessories etc)
- Full holiday allowance (24 days + bank holidays)
- Equity in a new startup with a highly experienced team
- 5% pension contribution
- Professional and personal development - we have a healthy budget for training, conferences, online tutorials and anything else that helps you progress
You’ll also get:
- 10% time to play around with new concepts and new software
- Regular all-in hack days to experiment with new code and new ideas
- Product, Design and Engineering all in one place for easy collaboration
- A fun place to work! We work hard but we also enjoy ourselves
- No hierarchy or politics, just good work with passionate, smart people
- To work alongside the best designers and engineers in the industry
If you don’t tick all of the points above but you’re passionate about the role then just let us know, we’re keen to hear from you and we recognise that your CV is only one small part of the picture. We’re keen to build a team that’s diverse and welcome varied backgrounds and experiences.
You’ll get bonus points for sending through links to code or apps you’ve worked on.
If this sounds like a place where you can achieve your best work then we’d love to hear from you!